Pork and Apple Meatloaf
What a great combination. This is suitable hot or cold.
You will need:
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g minced pork
- 200g cooked basmati rice (about 70g raw)
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcester sauce
- pinch of nutmeg
- Finely ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/gas 4
- Fry the onions in olive oil until soft
- In a large bowl mix all the remaining ingredients with the onions
- Butter a 1lb loaf tin and press the mixture into it and bake in the oven for one and a half hours.
- Remove from oven and cool a little before removing from tin, otherwise the mixture may break up.
- Serve up and enjoy!
The loaf will keep for a couple of days in the fridge.